Why Our Company
Catbird brings the excitement of the start-up, a fun and collaborative work environment, with a culture focused on innovation and excellence. The company's products are cutting edge, loved by our customers who see the impact of better security and the direct benefits of simplified operations and reduced audit burdens. The compensation and benefits are competitive, our funding is in place, and we are expanding dramatically - this is a great time to join our team.
We are seeking a Senior Escalation Software Engineer to work closely with Customer Support and Enterprise Customers to troubleshoot and resolve problems occurring in the Customer’s environment. You will be challenged to think outside the box, multi-task, and stay organized in a challenging work environment. The role calls for a natural technical problem solver with excellent customer-facing communication skills. You will work as a specialist within the development team, a group of highly talented and dynamic individuals doing cutting-edge work in virtualization and security, in the analysis of challenging customer issues.
- Provide engineering-level technical troubleshooting for customer escalated issues that involve our most technically complex or politically sensitive support situations.
- Analyze customer problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs, which may include a workaround, hot fix or changes to the product.
- Collaborate with development on root cause analysis and solution.
- Maintain communication flow to Technical Support
- Document all findings and technical resolutions in our bug reporting system.
- Participate in an on-call rotation (technical backup to Customer Support in a customer-down situation).
- Identify ways to improve the supportability and debug-ability of the product. Work with Product Development to implement solutions.
- Collaborate in developing knowledge base content, troubleshooting tools, and other means to enable Technical Support to better support our customers.
- Implement Agile Stories, as part of the development team, when bandwidth allows.
Skills and Core Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
- 8+ years experience in software engineering
- Strong lower-level networking knowledge
- Virtualizations experience (VMware, Hyper-V or OpenStack)
- Experience programming in Python
- Familiarity with *nix environments
- Advanced troubleshooting / problem solving capabilities
- Excellent Communication skills / ability to work with customers in politically sensitive situations
- A passionate commitment to product quality and customer success
- Ability to gather necessary resources and work with others to identify the best solutions
- Resourceful and proactive, looking for solutions to technical challenges
- Ability to thrive in an agile development team
- Experience working in C++/C
- Experience with database technology (SQL, NoSQL)